Perspective is a wonderful thing!! Perspective makes you wonder what would happen if we all gave thanks for everything we have, instead of worrying about what we don’t have. See the story below.
PERSPECTIVE OF A SON
One day a father of a very wealthy family took his son on a trip to the country with the firm purpose of showing his son how poor people live. They spent a couple of days and nights on the farm of what would be considered a very poor family.
On their return from their trip, the father asked his son, “How was the trip?”
“It was great, Dad.”
“Did you see how poor people live?” the father asked.
“Oh yea,” said the son.
“So, tell me, what did you learn from the trip?” asked the father.
The son answered:
- “I saw that we have one dog and they had four.
- We have a pool that reaches to the middle of our garden and they have a creek that has no end.
- We have imported lanterns in our garden and they have the stars at night.
- Our patio reaches to the front yard and they have the whole horizon.
- We have a small piece of land to live on and they have fields that go beyond our sight.
- We have paid help that serves us, but they serve others.
- We buy our food, but they grow theirs.
- We have walls around our property and the development we live in to protect us, they have friends to protect them.
The boy’s father was speechless.
Then his son added, “Thanks, Dad, for showing me how poor we are.”